Saturday, June 11, 2011

East Hanover Part II



My Mac is free! And all my pics are not lost...only moved to my external hard drive, which gave me the room to finally get these pics off my camera and on my blog.

I was in the city especially early to pick up these flowers. The idea behind the flowers was that each of the 5 bridesmaids would carry a bouquet of a single type of flower and that would match the boutonniere of their groomsmen. All would have white stephanotis in them to tie everything together. The bride would have all five flowers plus a blue flower (that was supposed to be anemone..but no blue...I'll explain later) and that blue flower would be the grooms boutonniere as well to tie the two of them together. The colors were to be bright and tropical.

So when I arrive to pick up the flowers I find it a little strange that they don't have anything at all together for me yet. Usually they have everything ready for me to view before they pack it all up. So yes, there was a problem. Some of the shipment coming from California was missing...not in the store, hadn't been at the airport....it was just missing. And a few crucial things from my order were also not there....

No white stephanotis to tie everything together
No Yellow gerber daisies, supposed to be one of the bridesmaids flowers, and grooms, and in the centerpieces...most importantly the brides bouquet.
No Red Snap Dragons, also supposed to be for one of the bridesmaids, a groomsmen, and the centerpieces.....and the brides bouquet.
No Blue Anemone

Panic! I ran across to one of the other wholesalers while they put the rest of my order together.....I spot stephanotis....plenty...so I take the two boxes I need. I'm scanning.....I see a woman walking holding yellow gerber daisies....I need three bunches....are there anymore?! I find them...only two bunches....that lady got my third bunch!....two more things on my list...the snapdragons...found....the blue anemone....nope... Sigh.....

Ok so all in all, it could have been much worse....some of the centerpieces had yellow sunflowers in them instead of the gerbers....as you'll see in the pics below. I ended up subbing this really cool looking blue flower for the anemone...But everything else was perfect....and the bouquets were so bright, and the stephanotis remind me of the little flowers a baker will create for a cake, I wanted to eat them up!

I didn't have time to take a matchy matchy pic for each of the bouquets....but here are the ones I did get.

Yellow Gerbers

Coral Peonies
Purple Tulips

I didn't get individual pics of the red snap dragons or green roses, but you can see them in the 'group' photo towards the end.

All the bouts and the corsages


The Brides Bouquet...Green Roses, Coral Peonies, Purple Tulips, Red Snap Dragons, White Stephanotis, and Yellow Gerbera Daisies...


The Centerpieces looked different from every angle and had a tropical feel to them with the big green leaves...


And some had Sunflowers instead of Daisies, because of the lost shipment....

Next wedding is in two weeks...25 tables....lots of hydrangea, calla lilies, and roses!






1 comment:

LeopardSteff said...

From the bride: Tracey, you did a fabulous job! And I am so grateful that you were able to pull it all off, especially after reading about the snags! You are awesome, and I only wish I was getting married every month so I could repeatedly hire you! Thanks again for everything!!