Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Winter Wedding, Englewood NJ

You couldn't get a better day for a winter themed wedding. Seriously, it had snowed just enough the day before to stick to the tree branches, but not the roads. This = amazing wedding pictures.
I'm always a little jealous when I see beautiful backdrops, like this, for wedding photos...on my wedding day the remains of a tropical storm blew through.

The reception was held at the Women's Club of Englewood. A sweet place with enough room for a weddings of about 100 guests.

I took this picture from the stage where they can fit 3 more tables.

The brides colors were purple, white, and gold. So I used gold ribbon to wrap the boutonnieres and bouquets. There were three styles of boutonnieres. The groom: An anemone (white with dark purple center), a white rose, and a fiddlehead fern...this mirrored the brides bouquet.

The groomsmen: a white rose and fiddlehead mirror the bridesmaids. Two young ring bearers: a single purple anemone.

The brides bouquet: White Roses, tulips, ranunculus, anemone, and fiddlehead fern.

The bridesmaids: White roses and fiddlehead fern.

The centerpieces were 'snowballs', white pomanders of carnations a top 3 different mercury glass stands/vases. Some I had picked up for the bride on my shopping travels months before the wedding, the vases with the crystal on the outside and the snow flake design I picked up the day after Christmas at Peir 1. They have the best blow out sale, and while the big snow storm began to roll in, I was hoarding all the holiday vases I could get my hands on

I had ordered the floral foam spheres I needed to make these with what I thought was plenty of time before the wedding. I ordered some other stuff at the same time...the other stuff got to me 4 days before the wedding, but I was waiting for the spheres. I kept thinking "They will be here tomorrow...the other things I ordered it must be on it's way". I tried calling customer service, but they have the wackiest I waited some more. The day before the wedding I realized they weren't going to come. I was planning on making all the centerpieces the night that plan was scrapped. Day of I was up at 4:30 am to travel to a floral supply warehouse to buy some more, then home to make the boutonnieres and bouquets...which my assistant (aka husband) delivered for me so I could finish the centerpieces...then off to deliver and set up those. All in all I was finally finished and home at 5pm. What a day!

And BTW....still waiting for those spheres to show up!

No comments: