Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Grand Summit Hotel, Summit NJ



This wedding took place on Nov. 13th. And as I explained in my last post business has been good, so I've fallen a little behind in posting my weddings. I am looking forward to a Holiday break though, with my next wedding not until Jan 8th. Coming very soon is my debut in The Knot! The issue comes out Wednesday and I am very, very excited and will be stalking the shelves at my Barnes and Noble!

This wedding was all about fall with its orange and cinnamon colors. I explained in a post for my first Hindu wedding that Orange Hydrangea only exist as I create them in my back yard, and although it was cold at least the wind wasn't blowing the paint all over the place this time!

The brides bouquet contained orange hydrangea, orange celosia, mango calla lily, orange rancunculus, coffee break roses, and orange roses. The bridesmaids bouquets complimented the bride with coffee break roses, and mango calla's.







I also made an arrangement for the alter.


The groom had a boutonniere of orange celosia and white calla lily, I added a little sparkle to the bottom and like the little pop it gave the bout. The groomsmen had mango calla's and the fathers and mothers had brown cymbidium orchids.








The Cake: I always bring extra flowers with me, in this case the bride had asked me to decorate the cake here is what I came up with. I had extra roses so I used the petals to decorate the tables in the cocktail hour, where there were small round vases with submerged cymbidium orchids, and the tables in the reception.


It was most important to the bride that the centerpieces be a manageable size so her guests would take them home and they wouldn't go to waist. They contained hypericum berries, coffee break and orange roses, and each had one brown spider mum.



I made the coolest arrangement for the card table and didn't take a picture of it! I'm hoping the photographer got a good shot of it and I've been waiting for him to post the pictures, but they aren't up yet. When they are I'll see if he'll let me use some and I'll post them later. I had two stalks of the brown cymbidium orchids, one submerged in a cylinder vase and the other coming up out of the vase...it looked like one stem of continuous flowers. Hopefully you'll see it soon!


No comments: